Monday, November 8, 2010

Not what you are expecting

I know I told you all that construction was to start today.  I truly believed it would (wait, aren't I a card carrying skeptic??).  Somehow, wires were crossed and only the roof trusses were scheduled to arrive today.  And as a bonus, the insulation arrived as well.

It is never as simple as all that though.  Craig let me know the insulation, which we were not expecting, had arrived and being the wonderful person he is, was already tarped and safe from any weather that might occur between now and the end of the week. 

We both have lots of outside work to do with the change of seasons:  I own four huge maple trees between my house and the street; Craig has many acres that house 40 plus alpacas.  So we were both out enjoying a warm fall day serenely prepping for winter while calmly awaiting the delivery of the trusses and subsequently the rest of the building. 

Ramona the mail lady parked her little mail truck where she always does.  And our street is really only about 1.5 lanes.  A huge truck with "Oversized" markers on it pulls up and the driver gets out.  I figure he wants to know when the mail lady will be back so he can get by.  Then I realize he is attempting to deliver the 48 roof trusses...not to Craig's in 84, PA but right here in Bentleyville.  At my house.  So I have to figure out how to turn him around and get him out safely.  So far, no one has come beating on the door to tell me that plan of attack failed. 

The trusses did make it to Craig's about 20 mins later and have been unloaded.  Craig promises to send me pictures later so I can post them for you. 

And apparently, the insulation was also scheduled to be delivered here but he managed to get that truck to him before it arrived here.  And being good, he called the appropriate people to let them know to send the next truck to him.  But somewhere, the message got lost....

Why all the confusion?  Because I own the building that is going up at Craig's (long story) and they are having issues with the whole "billign address" versus "shipping address" issue.  Oh my. 

No comments:

Post a Comment