Saturday, November 6, 2010

The pimple is popped!

Despite the cold and the intermittent rain / hail on Friday afternoon, the site prep began.  There really was 12 - 24"  of topsoil that had to be pushed aside. 


And apparently, this really is a pimple of a job because it did not take much time to push that topsoil around (when you have the right equipment, the works always goes faster!). 



The px to the left shows the amount of topsoil removed near the road (and this is the lowest spot in the field).  The second px is the site where the building (closest to camera) and the parking lot (farthest) will be.  

Now, I mentioned that it was raining / hailing.  It was in the upper 30s or lower 40s.  Earlier in the day, I decided to try a sauna and swedish massage.  The stress from Wed and Thurs really got to me.  I had spent a lovely morning in a 132 degree room.  My daughter pointed out that there had been about a 100 degree temp change in my day.  Very depressing....Luckily, the site prep happening relieves a great deal of other stress.

2 comments:

  1. Did you let them massage your feet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely not! The fact that I actually went is amazing enough. The fact that I liked it makes me feel like Stephanie in Newhart when she went bolwing (she was aghast to find she really liked it!). What I really learned is which parts of my shoulders / back really need more work!

    ReplyDelete