Friday, April 8, 2011

Off to Harrisburg

Nope, I didn;t forget about the blog site.  There are just not enough hours in the day lately.

We are at the lull before the storm.  Shearing season is just around the corner.  We are looking forward to it.

We have been process our own fiber and working on a few new things.  We tackled suri for the first time last weekend and it wasn't so bad!  We are also working on a 3 ply sock yarn that is a blend of alpaca and nylon.  I have a prototype made but before I get too excited, I want to actually knit socks out of it and be sure it is ideal for tootsies. 

And I will try to get some knitting done this weekend at MAPACA in Harrisburg.  Craig thought it would be nice for me to experience an actual alpaca show.  Since things are quiet, why not.  The girls are very excited to be going.  Me, well, I get to do all the driving, which really isn't that bad as Harrisburg is kind of close (2.5 hours or so).  And the hotel has a pool and hot tub, which will be nice.

seriously, he chose to sleep with his
nose between the pin drafter turn tables! 
And, no, they are not on!
I do not know why I remember this
but if yoru pirns or cones are
plying badly, put them in a box.
No more tornados in your plys.


The needle felter working correctly -
but not for long.
The secret to happy equipment
is someone watching it run.  Take
away the sitter and bad things
happen.  Hence, Brigid sits with Luigi.
Beautiful sock yarn was spun.

No comments:

Post a Comment