Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Website is up, kind of

Hi there.  Not much going on.  We did marketing stuff on Fri and Craig was at a knitters and crocheters event on Sat, while Tim and I did some work at the mill that was not about yarn (you know, cleaning and machine maintenance). 

My big "waste" of time was trying to get the website up and running.  Rob, who designed the website and did a very nice job, used Dreamweaver to create.  But that apparently is not a direct way to launch a site.  So TIm fixed me up with a content mamangement system that is supposed to be good.  I would love to report that it is but after 10 hours of fighting it on Sun and additional hours on Mon, my opinion is not terrific.  I am going to keep trying to work it out but in the meantime, flipped to using a much easier template system on line.

I got a basic site up last night.  you can even look at it.  But you still can not print an order form or anything.  Hopefully, tonight.  And we have a phone now but for two days, we have forgotten to bring anything to try plugging into it!  So I will take phones today and see.  Don;t get overly excited.  You might be able to find us there and we may just have to return calls later.  Since we do not have a secretary, most of our time is still spent at the machines.  Also, I am assuming that the number they said was ours really is our but that remains to be seen.  Tim says it is not uncommon to be told one number then find out, Oops. 

If you are curious, go ahead and check out http://84alpacasfibermill.com/ .  Book mark it so you know where it is.  Keep watching for new stuff.  The kids are in the push weeks for play so they are not home from school prior to 9 pm and I have time to work on it.

And with any luck, I can figure out the other system adn Rob and I can get his version up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment