Saturday, February 5, 2011

What a good yarn day it was

Today was a really, really good yarn day.  The fiber was beautiful for starters.  And I got over my fear of thin, seemingly weak (but not) rovings.  I made them much thinner and what do you know, they held together at the spinner.

The photos are not going to show the color well.  The fleece was a black alpaca.  The close up photo shows the color fairly well, unlike the gang shot.

Twenty 100 yard skeins
Close up (and truer color)
of today's product


I was weaving rugs mid-week.  This is the sample with Craig's prototype multi-color rug yarn.  I thought if we could do different color in the yarn, it would make for interesting rugs (without having to change shuttles or colors all the time, kind of like self striping sock yarn).  It is about 25" x 27" inches.  I did not use the entire bump of rug yarn (I wanted grey on both ends, not grey on one end and white on the other). 

We are taking tomorrow off, because, well, we can and we should.  And we will probabyl all watch the Superbowl, amybe even together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment