Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Where did that storm come from?

Wow.  We were in the path of some bad weather yesterday.  Now, having had one child down with the flu and having gotten a mild case myself (which annoys me in that I hadn't been sick in something like 8 years), I was not watching the weather.  So when Craig said yesterday "Hey, we are supposed to get 3-6" of snow later" I thought, really?  Ok.  We had a good day in the yarn department, working with blacks again.  We did both 2 and 3 plys of a DK/Sport weight. 

The weather report only got worse when I got home.  First 4-7" then 5-8".  The kids were released from play early and there was no school today. 

So we took today off.  Craig had a dentist appt mid day and the kids needed to go to play practice at 1 pm.  We will hit it again tomorrow, going back to whites.  We have some fawn as well.

The website is getting better (I hope) but the flu did put a kabosh in my plans to work on it a lot on Sat.

Eeyore has his original parts back and we can pick up the newly machined parts soon, to get the other side working (Eeyore has a split personality! He is supposed to be able to feed two groups of rovings into two sliver cans at one time). 

I did not get any good px yesterday of our yarn.  I do have some of the white we did at the end of  last week for a friend of Craig's.

We were down Fri and Sat as I was the girl scout cookie mom and we decided to take poor Eeyore apart as it was too opportune to miss.  So not much to report from Fri - Sun.


Boa constrictor rovings...
become beautiful prin drafted rovings...



become 3 ply worsted.

If you like snow px, here is one I took for M in
SC this morning.  She loves snow px.
Weather channel says we got 6.7" last night.
Claire, the doxie, says it was too much!

1 comment:

  1. Speaking of storms, we are having on right now in central Virginia.

    You know its a storm when the alpacas run for cover.

    How is the mill coming along?

    ReplyDelete