Tuesday, December 14, 2010

insulating during deep freeze

The work crew made it over the mountains yesterday.  The forecasted doom and gloom (meaning lots of snow and wind and cold) did not materialize as predicted.  It is very windy and very cold but we got nowhere close to the 6" of snow they said we would get.  And mind you, I am not complaining.  Well, not about the lack of snow.  I am complaining about the wind chill!  Even the alpacas stayed in the barn yesterday, so you know it was a tad bit bitter. 

To top it off, my Subaru is in the shop so I am driving the Jetta, which is not terrific in snow to begin with.  It is even worse when the window falls off completely off the track and requires taking the entire interior door panel off to fix.  Sigh.  I put on my head scarf and sunglasses (wind and contacts), cranked up the seat heater and the defroster, and did my Thelma and Louise impersonation (minus the killing and robberies and the like). 

Yesterday was first floor interior insulating and installing the first floor ceiling / attic floor.  It is still not terribly cozy in the building, as the second story exterior walls are still non-existent.  I believe that will be rectified today.  Some sort of lift was delivered yesterday afternoon. 

The Office space
Length view.  Concrete is still sweating.
The word we are hearing is that they hope to be done by the end of the day on Thursday.  We shall see how it pans out but even so, the worst case scenario is the end of the week.  Then it is onto electrical.

1 comment: