Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Sick or Festive?

OK.  There were some political things occurring that had nothing to do with us that affected our project but in a positive way.  No details but there was no wild 180 spin back to problematic.

We were hoping for the work crew on Monday but apparently they like to hunt. And the beginning of gun season was Monday.  How serious is it around here?  The kids just went back to school today, having gotten out last Wed noonish for the holiday.   Pretty damn serious.  The season is known as "If it is brown, it is down".  That refers to bucks and does alike but not to UPS workers.  So no crews Mon or Tues.  Tues (yesterday) was a miserable rainy day anyway so no biggy there.  We were talking of converting the shell to an ark (it rained over an inch).

The crew is supposed to show tomorrow (yeah, I have heard that before but I am going to believe this to the full extent my little skeptical self will let me!).  They have Thurs - Sat to put on the roof, put up the exterior siding and maybe even doors and windows.  Very doable.  Concrete is supposed to be prepped and poured Mon and Tues, with a curing day on Wed.  I think (and I could be wrong) that interior insulation and walls go up next Thurs - Sat.  The electrical box goes in soon and we are working with an electrician to bang out the wiring starting Dec 13.  We are hoping to schedule the arrival of the equipment for the 16th or 17th. 

At some point, this does have to be completed, no?  Please.  Pretty please.  And by that I mean in 2010.  Soon.  Real soon. 

Craig strung a single strand of Christmas lights on the mill porch.  I thought he would wrap the supports but no.  I said something to Brigid about the lights being a sign of something sick (meaning too much holiday spirit).  She said, "Sick, or festive?"  You all know where I stand on that issue.  Oh, some of you may not.  I am a bit of a grinch - the pre-heart swelling grinch.  But Craig, he is a frickin' eternal optimist!  As is Brigid.  Ho ho ho.

here's the px of the lights! 

No comments:

Post a Comment