Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I am a creamy puff, no?

Yesterday was what we are referring to as a Pepe Le Pew day at the mill.  I refer to the "I am a creamy puff, no?" scene on the cruise ship.

Everything that came off the roving deck immediately puffed up exponentially!  Looked like Pepe when he came out from under the hair dryer.  And the pin drafter hates that. 

So we bagged up some experiments in nice, neat 1 pound quantities and will try them later today. 

We had weird weather overnight.  It was something like 29 degrees and rained, which means ice.  And we are talking significant thickness here.  But it is over freezing at this point and heading to a 39 degree high.  The school district we live in called a 2 hour delay at 5:00 am and extended it to a 3 hour delay at 8 am.  They did actually go to school.  There are a lot of rural bus routes and I guess the back roads were not de-iced enough.   We had a snow day last week that was made up yesterday and I guess they really, really do not want to have another to make up at this point.

We have humidifiers running at the mill but we are not sure what the magic % is.  We will find out soon enough.  I know when I used to weave linen (or tried to weave linen) that 85% and up was nice.  I actually used to get up in the middle of the night during thunderstorms to weave.  I think we had it to 70% yesterday but not enough!  And I am not getting up in the middle of the night to run over there during storms!  Older and hopefully wiser than that!  No snickering......

No comments:

Post a Comment