Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Two good days in a row

Things went well again today.  Well, we had some moments with the spinner but that is mainly due to learning curve. 

We had some research to do and a couple of other chores that needed to be done midday, so we were not in the mill all day.  We got the pin drafted rovings spun and were fairly pleased with the 2 ply yarn we made. 

I am sorry that I forgot to bring my camera home, because there was some extreme silliness that got the better of us around 4:30.  Craig was doing some mechanical work on the pin drafter and I decided to try and set up the rug yarn maker myself.  I had not threaded it before.  I was thrilled to make a beautiful 50 yard bump of rug yarn.  We have fiber we need to make into rug yarn to weave some special order rugs out of and I made the mistake of saying that I thought we had the process down!  Then I tried to take the bump off the bobbin.  15 mins, a lot of laughing and crying (all in good fun) later, I did manage to get the bump off.  Not intact by any stretch of the imagination....apparently I threaded the bobbin wrong.....Px tomorrow!  I have not laughed that hard for over a year (it occurred on Christmas Day 2009, reading Pg 132 of Berkely Breathed's Flawed Dogs novel). 

No comments:

Post a Comment