Sunday, January 16, 2011

Post training

Tomorrow is Day 1 on our own, the first official work day.   Today is post- training talking (and maybe a little machine running).

Given my background as an educator and trainer, it will probably come as no surprise to some of you that I started typing up information on the machines this morning, while thoughts are fresh.  Taking notes during training does happen, but it is amazing what you think will be retained at least 24 hours that may or may not....I noticed some true black hole areas in information when I reviewed what I thought were good notes taken in Mi!  I take almost verbatim notes when at a meeting.  No so much when I am learning and doing at the same time.

But in this case, it is not just a matter of me having good notes for me.  This is a business and it will have employees other than Craig and I at some point.  Everyone does not learn by listening (auditory learning).  Some learn by doing and others by reading.  Generally, a combination of all three is needed.  Safety is essential in this type of setting.

So today we meet to go over the info collected in various brains to try not to lose too much.  And I need some photos geared towards control panels adn the mechanics, not just our wonderful work crew having fun!

The one thing that really is an over all concern is consistency.    Consistency starts at the carder and is the theme at the rest of the machines.  (Yes, the picker needs some as well but not to the same level.) Without it, the end product, whether it is roving, yarn or felt, will not be of a high quality.  And we are aiming for high quality.

There will still be blog posts.   I am not afraid to let you know about our oops moments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment